Pamela Harris: Raleigh Nurse, BSN Graduate, Loyal Alumnus

Pamela Harris

For 13 years, Pamela Harris was a teacher’s aide and drove a school bus. While she loved her students, she wanted more. She tried community college, but it just didn’t work with her schedule. She needed a flexible schedule. In 2008, she saw a commercial for ECPI University and soon after enrolled at the Raleigh campus to pursue a diploma in Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN).

“That decision changed my life,” says Pamela. “I am so grateful to the faculty and staff that helped me so much. I wouldn’t be where I am today without them.”

Pamela HarrisAfter graduating from ECPI University’s College of Nursing, she began work as a school nurse and continued her studies, later becoming a registered nurse and recently completing her Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing. Even as I was studying to become an LPN, the faculty at ECPI was always encouraging me to pursue additional education when I was ready. They really gave me a strong foundation that I can build on. Now a charge nurse at a local nursing home, she never passes up an opportunity to recommend her alma mater.

“I meet a lot of people who want to get into nursing,” she says, “and I always tell them to go to ECPI University!”

Be the first to comment on "Pamela Harris: Raleigh Nurse, BSN Graduate, Loyal Alumnus"