Air Force Vet Uses Online Education to Make Seamless Transition to Civilian Career

If there was ever someone who could make something hard look easy, Seth Edwards is certainly that person. For service members leaving the military, moving onto civilian life can be challenging, but Seth spent a good deal of time thinking it through and the results speak for themselves.

“Thanks to a combination of Air Force experience and an ECPI University degree in Electronics Engineering Technology, I was able to easily transition from an active duty career as a troubleshooting technician into a civilian career as an electrical engineer at a major aerospace company,” says Seth. “Being able to use military tuition assistance to pay for my entire degree while I was enlisted was also a God-send. With help from exceptional student success coordinators such as Ms. Weiss, the entire process of going back to school was uncannily simple and straightforward.”

“I’m amazed by how ECPI has helped propel me on the trajectory I’m on. If you’re motivated and have electrical work experience, I highly recommend ECPI University as a nontraditional and effective way to advance your career.”

– Seth Edwards, Online Electronics Engineering Technology Graduate

Because Seth was still on active duty when he began his studies, online education was his only option and, as it turns out, meshed perfectly with the kind of duty stations he was assigned. “Even when dispatched to the nuclear missile fields of Montana, I was still able to chip away at my bachelor’s degree,” he says. “Being able to do homework while resting in a communal bunkbed at an isolated military bunker is certainly a bittersweet feeling.

“After gaining a couple years of engineering experience with my current employer outside of Washington DC, I’ve also been able to apply for and receive an EIT (engineer in training) certification. This is the intermediate stage necessary before applying for a PE (professional engineer) license. I’m amazed by how ECPI has helped propel me on the trajectory I’m on. If you’re motivated and have electrical work experience, I highly recommend ECPI University as a nontraditional and effective way to advance your career.”

Student Success Coordinator Lea Weiss says what Seth has accomplished in such a short time is truly exceptional. “The test for the EIT Certification is extremely rigorous,” she says. “In fact, it takes a lot just to be permitted to sit for the exam. Seth is the kind of graduate we can all be proud of.”

Be the first to comment on "Air Force Vet Uses Online Education to Make Seamless Transition to Civilian Career"