Online Software Development Student Already Advancing in New Career

Courtney Issac has always been a self-starter. For years, he owned his own painting and remodeling business. Along the way, he earned an associate degree and decided he wanted a career in IT. Things started off quite well when Courtney got a job as a systems analyst at a San Antonio bank. It did, however, soon become apparent that he could only advance so far without a bachelor’s degree.

With a wife and three children, Courtney could hardly stop working, and he didn’t want to be away from this family during the evening if her were to take night classes, so online education was his best option. He’s been in ECPI University’s Software Development program for about a year now and Courtney says he’s enjoying the best of both worlds. “One reason I chose ECPI University was because we have a campus here locally in San Antonio that I pass every day on my way to work which is convenient if I want to use some of its resources, like the library. I’ve really enjoyed the flexibility that online learning provides.

“I really feel like I am on track. Everyone at ECPI has been very pleasant and has provided me with sound counsel and guidance. I can see my future coming into focus.”

Courtney Issac, Online Software Development Student

“My family of three boys and my wife support me all the way and I can’t wait to make them proud. Having access to all these resources and learning alongside my teenagers has been a joy in this time of quarantine.” Though he has not yet graduated, Courtney’s education is already paying off. He was able to secure his current position because he had progressed through a significant portion of his software development curriculum and had acquired a high level of expertise. Upon completion, he’s hoping this will be just the first in a long series of career advancements.

“Software Development is an area that is so multi-faceted and offers a lot of career flexibility,” says Courtney. “There are so many industries where I can work. I can work with code, develop apps, or design web pages with this degree. I really feel like I am on track. Everyone at ECPI University has been very pleasant and has provided me with sound counsel and guidance. I can see my future coming into focus. My short-term goals are to complete school and continue at my current vocation of systems analyst using the skills I am currently learning. Long term, I want to utilize my degree to leverage better wages or advance where I currently work because I love what I do and where I do it!”

Be the first to comment on "Online Software Development Student Already Advancing in New Career"