Established in 1945, ZIM has developed into one of the leading carriers in the global container shipping industry. It remains at the forefront by rapidly adapting to commercial developments and emerging markets. This approach is an integral part of ZIM’s working philosophy and drives the development of its operations in established East-West trade routes, as well as the world’s emerging markets.
Facts & Figures
- TEU’s (Twenty-Foot Equivalent Unit) Carried in 2018: 2,914,000
- Total TEU Capacity (owned and chartered vessels): about 324,000 TEU’s
- Containers: about 620,000 TEUs of various types
- About 70 operated vessels
- Ports of Call: 180 throughout the world
- Services: Over 100 lines and services, mostly on a weekly, fixed-day basis, covering major trade routes with regional connections
- Employees: 4,200
- Agents: ZIM has more than 170 offices and representatives in over 100 countries throughout the world
- China: Strong presence in China with 20 offices and branches and hundreds of employees
Recently, the company entered into an Employee Partnership Program with ECPI University, attracted to its Business programs, most notably those focused on Operations, Logistics, and Supply Chain Management, as well as Cyber and Network Security. During her first official visit with employees, ECPI University Development Manager-University Partnerships Michelle Ashton met with more than 30 ZIM team members who came by to explore their educational options.
Be the first to comment on "Employer Spotlight: ZIM"