Words of Wisdom from ECPI University Graduates

“You’re the author of your life and composing your own book. Now it’s time to close the ECPI chapter and start writing new chapters; you will decide how it will read. Always stay true to yourself Class of 2016!”

~ Lauren McCroskey, Roanoke Campus Student Speaker

“Just when you think you know it all, it’s what you learn after that matters.”

~ TV Host Jerome “Chef Rome” Brown, Culinary Institute of Virginia Commencement Speaker

“You can lose a job, you can lose lots of things, but no one can take away your education. An education is an opportunity you can keep cashing in…over and over and over again.”

~Chad Borich, Richmond/Moorefield Campus Student Speaker

“For the first time in my life, I wanted to learn. I actually enjoyed school. This desire to learn brought out character traits in me that I didn’t think I had.”

~Alex Martin, Richmond/Emerywood Campus Student Speaker

“We all fail, but the only way to succeed is to try and take chances.”

~Congressman Dave Brat (R-Va.), Richmond Campus Commencement Speaker

[tribulant_slideshow gallery_id=”4″]

“ECPI is one of the best things that has happened to me. I’m not just saying it to be saying it, but I’m a witness and I’m a product of it!”

~Tommy Smith, Newport News Campus Student Speaker

“Education shouldn’t stop after you get your degree. Learning is a responsibility. It’s a duty…it’s a duty because it’s the only way to correct the mistakes of your past and properly prepare for the future.”

~Jessica Shidla, Newport News Campus Student Speaker

“Remember that the diploma that you will hold in your hand later is just a learner’s permit for the rest of your life.”

~Virginia Delegate Matthew James, D-Portsmouth

“I stand before you today as a living example to not allow people or circumstances keep you from reaching your dreams.” 

~Stephanie Allen, Virginia Beach Student Speaker

“Recognize those moments when you feel uncomfortable, push through those uncomfortable feelings and do the right thing anyway.”

~Brig. Gen. Allison A. Hickey (USAF Ret.), Virginia Beach Campus Commencement Speaker

Be the first to comment on "Words of Wisdom from ECPI University Graduates"