Graduate from ECPI University Online Lands Position at Texas Instruments

An Empty Nester Opens a New Chapter through Online Education

With his children grown up, Mark George had more time on his hands. As he surveyed his life, he decided the best use of that time was to continue his education. He already had an associate’s degree in electronics engineering, but knew a bachelor’s would allow him to advance much further in his career.

“As a fulltime working adult, I would not have been able to attend school at a campus, so I started looking at universities that offered an electronics engineering technology degree online,” says Mark. “I ended up choosing ECPI University because of its regional accreditation. I knew that having a degree from an accredited school would be better recognized in the industry and to future schools if I wanted to do post-graduate work.”

Mark says he soon realized that he had made a very good decision. “It was so convenient,” he says. “I could work on my assignments whenever my schedule allowed. The classes were so relevant to the real workplace. I learned exactly what I needed to know. It really gave me a high level of confidence.” As graduation approached, Mark began working with his career services advisor, Rae Sewell, who helped him identify job opportunities and prepare for interviews. One, in particular, stood out: Texas Instruments.

[Tweet ““Thank you ECPI University for giving me the opportunity to take charge of my career and really enjoy what I do for a living!” Mark George, Online Electronics Engineering Technology Graduate”]

When Texas Instruments came to the Virginia Beach campus to meet with upcoming graduates, Mark flew in from his home in Pennsylvania to take the company’s screening test. “I’m happy to say that I was able to ace the test and show that ECPI University is putting out well-educated electronics professionals that the industry can count on,” says Mark, who moved to Texas shortly thereafter to begin work as an engineering technician. “I am currently working on robots that create semiconductors.

“This is a very satisfying job. In this position, I get to be part of a team that makes the technology which allows us to have all the modern electronic devices that we love. Thank you ECPI University for giving me the opportunity to take charge of my career and really enjoy what I do for a living!” 

Be the first to comment on "Graduate from ECPI University Online Lands Position at Texas Instruments"