Online > On-the-Job: Online Graduate Pursuing Career in Drug Discovery and Development

Online Healthcare Administration Graduate Stephanie Amador

Ever since she was a child, Stephanie Amador knew she wanted a career in medical science. During middle school, she heard about a student who graduated from high school one year early, so she decided she would do the same. That would set the tone for her future achievements…if she could get something done quicker, that’s what she would do.

In high school, she was accepted into the school district’s medical academy and was eager to take any classes that were focused on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). “My mother supported all my dreams and encouraged me by supporting my crazy ideas such as buying me biology cliff note books when I was in elementary school and paying for online medical science courses as I was growing up, as well as private summer school science courses,” she says.

Sure enough, Stephanie earned her high school diploma at the end of her junior year. Then came the big decision: Where to attend college? Late one night, she learned about ECPI University’s accelerated bachelor’s degree program. Earn her degree in just 2.5 years? Being a person who likes to do things quickly, this was exactly what she was looking for.

She enrolled in the nursing program at the Northern Virginia campus, but soon decided she preferred online education. She also decided to switch to the Healthcare Administration program. Soon, she began requesting academic overloads every term which allowed her to complete an already accelerated degree program even faster. She capped off her program with an externship at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

“I couldn’t have done it without a strong support system, both at home and from my extended family at ECPI University,” says Stephanie. “I had advisors emailing me motivational quotes, calling me throughout the week just to check in. I received the kind of individual attention and support you don’t generally experience at many educational institutions. I also had the support from a great financial services advisor who created a smooth process for me, in which I did not have to worry about figuring out the financial aspects of my education. I knew I was never going to be alone and this made a big different for me as a student. I knew there were people working to support my success, people who I needed to make proud, and failing was just not an option for me.”

Stephanie completed her program as a member of the Golden Key International Honor Society and was also able to complete a certification in Professional Project Management and earn a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt. She got a job at HHS, and not long ago, was accepted into the Master of Science in Drug Discovery and Development program at the Drexel University College of Medicine.

“Every day, I remember the importance of a strong and deep academic foundation,” says Stephanie. “ECPI University has opened doors for me that were once unimaginable. My goal now is to earn a doctorate degree and continue to work in the field of drug discovery and development. The best advice I can share with students is to never let go of their goals and, above all, maintain their focus and determination. Your mind must be trained to be focused on your goal, no matter what else happens in your life.”

I couldn’t have done it without a strong support system, both at home and from my extended family at ECPI University. I had advisers emailing me motivational quotes, calling me throughout the week just to check in. I received the kind of individual attention and support you don’t generally experience at many educational institutions.”

Stephanie Amador – 2020 Online Healthcare Administration Graduate

Be the first to comment on "Online > On-the-Job: Online Graduate Pursuing Career in Drug Discovery and Development"