Employment Partners Team Up to Recruit Students at ECPI University

At ECPI University, employers play an essential role. They not only hire graduates and provide externships, they also advise faculty on curriculum. And at some campuses, they even help recruit. At the Richmond/Emerywood campus’ most recent Career Discovery Day, more than 20 of them attended the event to share their experiences, including:

• Bon Secours
  • VCU Health
  • VCU Children’s Medical Center
  • RehabCare
  • S. Army Medical Command
  • Pivot Physical Therapy
  • Care Advantage
  • Chippenham Hospital
  • Henrico Doctors’ Hospital
  • The Pavilion
  • Virginia Women’s Center
  • Riverside Regional Medical Center
  • Medical Imaging of Richmond
  • Senior Connections

“What a phenomenal opportunity for prospective students to visit our campus and not only to see the resources we have available and the individuals who will be assisting them with their education, but also to speak with the employers who are hiring healthcare workers in the greater Richmond area,” says Richmond/Emerywood Campus President Ashley Richards. “We understand that students come to us looking for an education focused on skills that will prepare them for high-demand careers, but we go beyond that and also have established partnerships with premier employers.”

[Tweet ““We understand that students come to us looking for an education focused on skills that will prepare them for high-demand careers, but we go beyond that and also have established partnerships with premier employers.””]

These relationships allow students to gain hands-on experience in the field even before graduating by completing clinical externships with employers. Many of them not only provide externship experience, but also hire ECPI graduates.

ECPI University taught me about nursing, but it also taught me about myself,” says Monica Dudley who attended Career Discovery Day and now works at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital. “At the moments when I couldn’t see the light at the end of the tunnel, I had a strong support system to help cheer me on, even when I didn’t believe in myself. ECPI University taught me that through perseverance, I can achieve any goal I set, large or small. This is the attitude that helps make a great nurse because you’re not going to always get everything right. You will, at some point, feel like you’re failing or overwhelmed. But, I remember the foundation upon which I learned at this school, and that is to stand strong in the face of adversity and never give up!” That kind of attitude is what sets ECPI University apart according to many of the University’s employment partners.

[Tweet ““ECPI University taught me about nursing, but it also taught me about myself,” says Monica Dudley”]

“During our recent visit to ECPI, we had the opportunity of meeting and engaging with current students and alumni alike,” says Amanda Quick, Clinical Float Pool Manager for Bon Secours Health System. “In meeting with the potential candidates, we could see their excitement, enthusiasm, passion, and dedication to healthcare. Several ECPI graduates within Bon Secours Virginia Medical Group have been hired within the past six months.  Each new hire from ECPI is focused, eager, and has the skills required to join the nursing profession. I am confident the growing partnership with ECPI and Bon Secours will continue to provide support for both.”

Be the first to comment on "Employment Partners Team Up to Recruit Students at ECPI University"