EPP Graduate Spotlight: Nataliya Gasanova-King, Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences

Employer: Sentara Healthcare

Motivation to Earn Degree:

“I was born and raised in Russia, and I moved to the United States thirteen years ago. I am married to a wonderful, supportive man, and we have two loud, smart, and goofy boys, a seven-year-old and a one-year-old. In our free time, we love to be outdoors, play at the beach, camp, and explore the beautiful nature that Virginia has to offer.

“I am grateful for what I have and consider myself fortunate to live in this country. About five years ago, I started a career as a computed tomography technologist at a busy local hospital. I enjoy working in healthcare; it is extremely challenging but rewarding. I believe it is necessary to always push yourself further and strive to learn and experience more things.”

Career Objective:

“I attempted a few courses at ECPI University almost ten years ago, but I was not ready to complete my degree at that time. I was impressed with the modern facilities, top-of-the-line equipment, and very accommodating learning structure that ECPI offers. A year ago, I decided to finally finish my degree and had no doubts that I wanted to do that with this school. I will be getting my Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences by the end of this year. I am grateful to the instructors and staff at ECPI that continue to encourage and challenge us and watch us grow.”

Why ECPI University?

“One of the deciding factors in my choice of ECPI University was the fact that it has established a successful partnership with Sentara. This significantly lessens my financial obligation and allows me to devote my full attention to pursuing my degree. The agreement to adjust the education costs for the Sentara employees between ECPI and Sentara is beneficial to a lot of students. It allows many busy medical professionals to obtain higher education and further their career goals at an adjusted rate of cost.”

Editor’s Note:

The Enterprise Partnership Program (EPP) was designed to assist employers in providing employee growth opportunities through hands-on, skills-based education. This program extends scholarships to eligible employees and their immediate family (spouse and children), which lowers the cost of education.

Be the first to comment on "EPP Graduate Spotlight: Nataliya Gasanova-King, Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences"