Focus on ECPI University Faculty: Deborah L. Stevenson

Name: Deborah L. Stevenson

Title/Department/Campus: Assistant Professor – Accelerated Bachelor’s in Nursing Program, Orlando, Florida Campus

Education: MSN in Nursing Education, BSN, RN

Started at ECP University: January 22, 2016

What did you do prior to joining ECPI University?  I worked as a nursing director and instructor for several Associate Degree Nursing Programs. Prior to this, I had the honor of working with the Florida Board of Nursing as an Education Consultant. I also held the rank of Captain in the U.S. Army Nurse Corp.

Most Rewarding Professional Experience: Wrote nursing NCLEX-style questions for several textbooks in addition to publishing two editions of a study guide for a medical/surgical textbook.

Most Rewarding Personal Experience: Owned and operated a Boxer Rescue, providing a refuge of safety and love for this breed of dog.

Greatest Accomplishment: Making a difference in the lives of nursing students and helping them reach their dream of becoming a nurse.

Favorite Book:  The Bible

Biggest Pet Peeve: People who mistreats a dog and then wonder why the dog snaps at them.

Hobbies: Playing the piano, watching classic black and white movies.

Favorite Food: Homegrown tomatoes, zucchini, and squash.

My Most Treasured Possession:  Three-foot statues of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.

A Talent I Wish I Had: Drawing pictures that do not resemble sticks.

Be the first to comment on "Focus on ECPI University Faculty: Deborah L. Stevenson"